Are you an independent, passionate technologist eager for your next opportunity?
Do you want to work for an innovative company that is just as invested in your progress? Then we want you!
About the Role
Software Engineers are mid-level reliable individual contributors at Wazoku and responsible for implementing and maintaining our SaaS platform and its integrations.
You will demonstrate strength and capabilities in backend or frontend technologies and are learning and growing to be full stack engineers. You will be focused on the delivery of tasks assigned and designing solutions for well-defined stories.
You will work with other Engineers, Product Managers and Quality Assurance analysts throughout the software development life cycle. You should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
You will be involved in new feature development and maintenance of our Platform written in TypeScript & Angular on the front-end and Django & DRF in the back end.
Will you help to provide clean water to schools in Mexico? To find a better solution to protect astronauts? To invent the next multi-billion market breakthrough? At Wazoku, that’s exactly what we achieve as we; change the world, one idea at a time.
We do this through our enterprise innovation platform that help organisations to find that one person who has that one idea wherever they are to solve their smallest to biggest problems to generate solutions that truly change the world. We work with Global 2000 organisations from the likes of NASA to Nissan and GSK, helping them discover new products and services, continuous improvements, but also ways to sustain our planet.
We are a B-Corp, Carbon Negative, for-purpose organisation with recent funding from Octopus Ventures and we are growing.
Wouldn’t you want to be part of this? To be involved in a new breakthrough idea that helped change the world into a better place? If so – we would love to hear from you!
- Collaborate with Senior engineers and Product managers to ideate solutions
- Participate in planning and estimation of user stories
- Produce clean, secure, well documented and performant code with adequate test coverage using Python/Django in the backend or AngularJS/Angular in the front end
- Participates in peer reviews
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Collaborate with QA to test code, troubleshoot issues and resolve bugs.
- Participate in Production Support rotation to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues
- Understand fundamentals of Wazoku infrastructure
- Good grasp of general web principals including web performance, security, responsive design & mobile constraints.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Knowledge of distributed version control systems such as Git
- Knowledge of software testing techniques such as unit, integration, and automated browser testing
- Proficient in client-side frameworks such as Angular or React.
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with Android/iOS App development
- Knowledge of UI design and CSS
- Experience in Python/Django is advantageous
At Wazoku we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What we offer
Although we work hard, we also recognise the importance of maintaining a proper integration of work/life priorities and providing a culture that encourages creativity and productivity. Our benefits include:
- $20+ USD contractual homeworking internet benefit
- Flexible Holiday that recognises employees are best able to determine when and how often they need to take time off to recharge their batteries, while still meeting their performance objectives
- Birthday day off
- Access to English lessons tailored to your needs
- Thanks Ben benefits, including $40 per month to spend on personal well-being.
- Excellent maternity and adoption policy – 18 weeks full pay and then a further 8 weeks at half pay if you wish to take it.
- Excellent Paternity pay – 4 weeks to be taken the year of the birth of the child, 4 weeks to be taken in the second year after the birth of the child.
- Social Events – Including company off-sites and summer parties, charity engagement and more
- December one week shut down over the holiday period
- 10 days paid sick leave.
- Mental Health Services
- Employee Referral Scheme – $1,000 bonus for every person you successfully refer
*Salary range $1000 - $1500 USD monthly depending on experience*
What happens next?
Our recruitment team will be in touch if you're successful so keep an eye on your emails! We'll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we're a good match, we'll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the next stage of the interview process.
Our interview process is tailored to each role. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
- Frontend Developer
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Our Mission is to Change the World, One idea at a time
Our vision is to be the world's leading innovation software company enabling problem solving at scale, helping people to find, capture and share ideas to improve our world
Loading application form