Are you an experienced, independent, and passionate technologist eager for your next opportunity?
Do you want to work for an innovative company that is just as invested in your growth? Then we want you!
About the Role
Senior Software Developers are full stack engineers and solid individual contributors at Wazoku implementing and maintaining our SaaS platform and its integrations.
You are capable of independently leading and delivering feature changes and consider the knock-on effects of your work within our systems and the business at large. You will work closely with other Engineers, Product Managers and Quality Assurance analysts throughout the software development life cycle.
You are a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
You will be involved in new feature development and maintenance of our Platform written in TypeScript & Angular on the front-end and Django & DRF in the back end.
Will you help to provide clean water to schools in Mexico? To find a better solution to protect astronauts? To invent the next multi-billion market breakthrough? At Wazoku, that’s exactly what we achieve as we; change the world, one idea at a time.
We do this through our enterprise innovation platform that help organisations to find that one person who has that one idea wherever they are to solve their smallest to biggest problems to generate solutions that truly change the world. We work with Global 2000 organisations from the likes of NASA to Nissan and GSK, helping them discover new products and services, continuous improvements, but also ways to sustain our planet.
We are a B-Corp, Carbon Negative, for-purpose organisation with recent funding from Octopus Ventures and we are growing.
Wouldn’t you want to be part of this? To be involved in a new breakthrough idea that helped change the world into a better place? If so – we would love to hear from you!
- Collaborate with Product managers to ideate solutions
- Participate in estimation and planning of user stories and lead on changes/features assigned to them
- Produce clean, secure, well documented, and performant code with adequate test coverage using Python/Django in the backend and AngularJS/Angular in the front end
- Has a high impact in peer reviews with focus on correctness and code quality
- Can deliver changes at a higher pace than an average Software Engineer at Wazoku
- Verify and deploy programs and systems.
- Collaborate with QA to test code, troubleshoot issues and resolve bugs.
- Participate in Production Support rotations and can resolve complex customer issues faster than an average Software Engineer
- Understand the Wazoku infrastructure
- Experienced web Engineer with a solid understanding of general web principals including web performance, security, REST APIs, responsive design & mobile constraints.
- Experienced in Python
- Experienced in server-side frameworks, preferably Django
- Experienced in client-side frameworks such as Angular or React.
- Experienced in Relational Database Design and SQL principles
- Knowledge of distributed version control systems such as Git
- Knowledge of software testing techniques such as unit, integration, and automated browser testing and advocate of TDD
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
At Wazoku we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
What we offer
Although we work hard, we also recognise the importance of maintaining a proper integration of work/life priorities and providing a culture that encourages creativity and productivity. Our benefits include:
- Flexible holiday policy that recognises employees are best able to determine when and how often they need to take time off to recharge their batteries, while still meeting their performance objectives
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Excellent Parental leave policies to support our working parents through all stages of their life and careers, including 26 weeks maternity and adoption leave, and 8 weeks paternity leave.
- Flexible/remote working including flexible hours
- December one week shut down over the holiday period
- Salary Sacrifice Pension scheme - we match up to 5%
- Complimentary Mental health service – We are partnered with InsideOut, an on-demand mental health platform, dedicated to breaking down social stigma and opening up the mental health conversation. Everyone has mental health and we couldn't support their mission more. Employees can join at any time
- Social Events – Including company offsites, summer & Christmas parties, charity engagement and more
- Great vouchers and offers through our Thanks Ben platform
- £30 per month to spend on your own personal Health and Wellbeing
- Birthday Day Off
- 10 days paid sick leave per year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme – £1,000 bonus for every person you successfully refer
- Anniversary bonuses
*Salary range £50,000-£60,000 depending on experience*
What happens next?
Our recruitment team will be in touch if you're successful so keep an eye on your emails! We'll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we're a good match, we'll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the next stage(s) of the interview process as shown below.
- Interview with Recruitment Lead
- Technical Interview with Hiring Manager
- Panel interview with leadership team